Tuesday, April 22, 2008

An Aside To My Previous Post

This will be much shorter and ultimately far less interesting. If, however, you managed to make it through the utter yawnfest I wrote earlier known as "Where's My Cake" AND you bothered to follow my links, you will have found yourself viewing the segment of Creepshow that I spent so many pointless words rambling on about.

What I'm getting at is this: If you DID watch the videos, you would see that the Father's Day segment ends with Nathan presenting the head of Sylvia on a platter, proud of the cake that he has managed to fetch for himself. Richard and Cass are stunned and can do little more than shake and scream.


I find myself constantly wondering...Does Nathan kill them as well? Is it necessary? I mean, he GOT revenge, didn't he? Richard and Cass are more bystanders than anything. They were not directly responsible for his death, though they were certainly aware of it.

Do they deserve death? I suppose you could argue that they do. I don't feel that it is entirely warranted, but hey, that's really up to Nate at this point.

So, after the skit ends I can see two possibilities for its ultimate conclusion.

A) Nate invites Richard and Cass to join him for cake, at which point they all sit around the dining table and attempt to make awkward conversation with the reanimated corpse of their great uncle. I suppose it would be a rather strange scene, as one of them will have to attempt to slice the "cake" that he's made. I don't imagine that the kitchen knives would be sufficient for sawing through a skull. It's not as if anybody would actually EAT the damn thing anyways, though they might politely mime the action. After dining, what next? I guess Nate would wish everyone well and head on home. Tell you what, that would almost make for an equally awesome story.

B) Nate dispatches Richard and Cass leaving just himself and his cake. But of course, being a skeleton he will be unable to eat it, as he lacks salivary glands, a tongue and organs for digestion. I just picture him sitting at the table, staring at Sylvia's head, maybe feeling a bit forlorn that this was all rather anticlimactic. In the end, as the candles burn down to nothing he would simply sigh, push back from the table and then make his way back to the grave. What a shitty Father's Day that would be.

I guess you can't help but feel bad for the guy. No matter what happens he ends up celebrating Father's Day alone, probably lonely and dejected. Doesn't seem like much of an improvement from his earlier state.

3 comments:

camillian said...

I think that after he got his cake, Richard and Cass fled from the mansion in horror, of course, and came back after a week to see if he was still there. After they ran out, he sat down and realized that he was finally free of his horrible family that drove him to do such terrible things when he was alive. It was they that made him such a bastard. It took him about 2 days to realize that as his brain is mostly mush. He then remembered his childhood dream of being a distinguished actor two days after that. So he set out for Hollywood. You may have seen him as an extra in one of those B movie horror/zombie flicks you love so much.

E said...

Wasn't he in that movie "The Machinist"?

He'd have done really well in diet pill commercials.

Here's Nathan AFTER Dexatrim.

E said...

Glad to keep your attention. We all have our morbid sides, some just embrace them more. But the fact of the matter is, it's all human nature.